Bernuviel | ♀ | 24
Switzerland | Game Art student
I have been drawing all my life, but I'm still not too good.
I love creating digital art in anime style,
especially when it's fan art of my favourite games.
The main reason why I joined dA is to get in touch with other artists to improve my art.
Any questions? Don't hesitate to send me a note!
Thanks for visiting and have a nice day!
10 Tips to Improve your ArtThis is a short summary of the – in my opinion – most important points I found all over the internet, while studying what it needs to improve your drawing and painting skills. I hope it will be helpful to many aspiring artists!
Do you want to improve your art?
Check out my little collection of very useful tutorials
on all kinds of art-related themes!
Avatar: My Assassin Cross Arabell from Ragnarok Online.
I didn't make the sprite, just the animation.
Content Holder Box: Made by CypherVisor
Social Media Icons: Made by MGQsy
Rose Gallery Icons: Made by Riuori
Custom Box Background: Made by me
Journal Skin: Made with this Journal Skin Creator
1. You must posts these rules.
2. Each person has to share 13 things about them.
3. Answer the 13 questions asked to you and invent 13 questions the people you tag will have to answer.
4. Tag 13 people.
5. Tag-backs are ALLOWED.
13 Things about me:
It's hard to think of 13 interesting things about me. This might get quite personal. xD
1. Treating others with respect is extremely important to me. I hate it when people do bad things to someone, just because they are of a different race, gender, sexuality, religion, etc. or have a mental/physical illness. If we would treat everyone the way we'd like to be treated ourselves, the world would be a much better place.
2. I love animals and nature. They really need to be protected. As soon as I can afford it, I'll donate a part of my earnings to the WWF.
3. My interests are changing quite fast, but there are a few fandoms I truly love and I'll always come back to. These are especially videogames (The Legend of Zelda, Tales of Symphonia, Ragnarok Online) and books/movies (Harry Potter, The Lord of the Rings, The Hobbit) from my childhood.
4. I'd be very boring company, since I neither drink nor smoke. I don't even drink coffee. xD
5. I've been suffering from social anxiety since I started to go to school, but it took years until a psychologist found out what was wrong with me. People kept telling me to “just talk”, “just behave like a normal person” and the like. I tried really hard, but I couldn't do it and there is nothing worse for me than disappointing others. Also I got bullied a lot. So I hated myself more and more and even got severe depression. I'm still struggling with social anxiety, self-hate and depression today.
6. Apart from my mental illnesses, I'm also suffering from allergic Asthma. I'm basically allergic to everything (except for most food) and it can cause really bad asthmatic attacks. Suffocating must be one of the worst ways to die. I really don't wish it on anyone.
7. I've been drawing ever since I can remember and I really enjoyed it. My art got praised by family and classmates, but when I got internet I found out I really wasn't as good as everyone said. They were either lying to me or just didn't have a clue. Nowadays I hate my art and get angry at every picture because it never turns out the way I wanted.
8. I'm really bad at watching series. I keep missing episodes and watching the same ones over and over again. The only series I've seen everything (in the correct order!) so far is Game of Thrones.
9. I don't own a smartphone. gasp*
10. My sisters have been riding since they were little and even own a horse now. I think those are really beautiful animals and I'd love to learn to ride too, but unfortunately I can't get close to them without getting an asthmatic attack.
11. I had to give up many things I loved due to social anxiety or Asthma. It's really frustrating.
12. Sometimes I feel very lonely and I'd like to have friends, but on the other hand I'm scared of people. I don't even know what to do with them, so conversations are always awkward.
13. I actually like the number 13 and I don't think it's bad luck.
1. If you had to leave your home now, what would you take with you?
Depends on the reason for leaving. If the house is on fire, I'd take the most important things (my purse with all the cards, money and stuff; my medicine; my laptop) and of course save all pets and family members.
2. Do you like pink rabbits?
I don't think it's natural for a rabbit to be pink. xD
When I was a child, I had a white dwarf rabbit and I loved it to bits. Unfortunately I couldn't spend much time with it, because I was terribly allergic to it.
3. Would you like to have wings growing on your back? Why?
Being able to fly would be quite cool. But on the other hand it would look ridiculous and I'm scared of heights. So probably rather not. xD
4. If you became an animal, what would it be?
I'd love to be a cat! They are cute and can spend the whole day doing nothing.
But I'd probably become a whale or something. xD
5. Would you like to try a special/unusual sport? If yes, which one?
Nothing really special, but I'd like to learn to dance and maybe do some martial arts. But unfortunately I'm too scared of people.
6. Where would you like to travel?
I'd like to see many places with a rather mild/cold climate. I'd love to visit Scandinavia (mostly because of the northern lights), Great Britain, Canada & USA and of course New Zealand (because of LOTR/The Hobbit xD). I really like English speaking countries, it seems.
7. Do you like stones?
Uhmmm... I think gemstones are pretty. But normal stones are rather boring. xD
8. Thunder storm or canicular heat?
I hate heat! So I'd definitely prefer a thunder storm. They are actually quite cool, as long as you're in a safe place.
9. Do you like insects?
As long as they don't have 8 legs and don't annoy me, I'm fine with insects. Butterflies and dragonflies are quite cute!
10. What would you do during an alpacalypse?
Running from alpacas? No, I'd probably just die. xD
11. Have you ever used a gun? Would you like to?
No, I don't like violent things.
I had some lessons with a bow though and that was quite cool. Of course I wasn't shooting at people or animals. Unfortunately I had to give it up, because of my social anxiety.
12. If you had to chose, would you prefer to be deaf, mute or blind?
I don't have to think twice about that: Mute! I'm not talking most of the time anyway and if I was mute people would finally stop forcing me to speak. That would actually be quite nice.
I couldn't imagine going deaf or blind, since I love music and visual art way too much.
13. Where would you like to live?
I haven't seen much of the world yet, so it's hard to say. At the moment, I guess I'd prefer my home (Switzerland).
Most of them aren't very creative, I'm sorry. xD
1. Why did you start to draw in the first place?
2. Which are your favourite fandoms?
3. What annoys you most in other people?
4. What's your favourite animal?
5. What do you want to achieve with your art (e.g. being able to portray your OCs)?
6. What's your favourite TV show/movie?
7. What should your ideal partner be like (looks, personality, etc.)?
8. What's your favourite band/music?
9. Do you have an OC that is representing yourself?
10. What's your favourite game?
11. How many hours a week do you spend creating art (drawing, writing, crafts, etc.)?
12. What's more interesting, a hero or a villain?
13. What (or who) inspires you most?
I tag (people, who are more or less active on dA)
If you don't want to write a journal about it, that's ok. You can answer the questions in a comment below if you like.
Thank you, if you actually read all of this. Now you know me better than I do. xD